Saturday 15 January 2011

Baby shoes

Last week I was rabbiting about some baby shoes, and I've never given you an update. Well they turned out pretty darn cute (or at least I think they did).
They were pretty fiddly in places, but they inspired me to make more (there's boy babies on the way, so I made denim ones). I've adjusted and tweaked the pattern as I've gone on, so I'm going to share it with you all as soon as I get on my computer and can download all the pics, as I think they're needed to explain it properly.
I've played with a couple more shoe patterns over the week, but I've ended up getting frustrated with the results of most.
Like a good derby girl, what I really wanted to make was some iddy biddy roller skate booties. I'm still battling with how to do this one, so far they look like cars...but I'll share them with you and maybe you can help me out!
But here's my first attempt at baby shoes:


The flowers are from my stash of scrapbooking stuff, easy to do. And I put a popper fastener on underneath, though it's not an ideal fastener for baby shoes.


Loves and shoves
Savage Steel

No comments:

Post a Comment