Wednesday 5 January 2011

Still sweaty

Just got in from a hard and very slidey session at Ponds Forge. Lots of big hits and lots of big flailing falls for me. The Christmas break and "wheeeeeeeeee" floor were not good for my skating or confidence :-( ah well, at least I'm not bouting at the end of the month.
Anyway, I've had baby shoes on my brain all day. Weird I know, but my cousin just had a little girl 3 days ago, so now I have an excuse to make some adorable Mary Janes from Making Children's Clothes - by Sarah Hardy (was dead cheap from the bookpeople and it really does have some lovely things in it). I don't have any of my own kids btw, so not sure why I have the book! At least I have an excuse to use it now and not just coo at the pictures.
Progress:
Pieces cut out and I'm on to doing the interfacing, but I'm not sure if it's right - do you iron on first - then cut. Or cut, iron then cut again? I've gone for the latter. Please correct me if I'm wrong!
Ps still sweaty and in my derby clothes...yeah I'm gross! I'm waiting for the hot water for a bath...but mostly just obsessed with trying to get these made!


Loves and shoves
Savage Steel

No comments:

Post a Comment